- Who We Are
- Our Programmes
- Bachelor of Social Science
- MA Applied Social Studies
- BA Community & Youth Work
- MA Community & Youth Work
- MSocSc Rights and Social Policy
- Ph D Doctoral Studies
- Doctorate in Social Science
- Civic Engagement Initiative(CEI) Programme BsocSc and BAASS
- Fieldwork Practice on Professional Programmes
- Our Work & Networks
- Current Students
- News & Events
- Get in touch
13 Nov, 2012
DAPPSS NUI Maynooth Annual Conference
in association with the Community Workers Cooperative
November 29th, 10:00- 16:30, Renehan Hall, South Campus, NUI Maynooth.
Alignment, Autonomy and Accountability? What now for Community Development?
This is a time of crisis for communities and one of significant challenges for community work. As part of local government reform the Government is preparing a national policy on local and community development. The conference will examine:
- How such a policy can address key issues for communities and community development -poverty, inequality, discrimination, social exclusion and human rights?
- How real participation of marginalised groups and organisations can be guaranteed in decision making processes at all levels?
- How we ensure that women and groups experiencing racism and other forms of discrimination are visible and directly included in future community development policy and practice?
- How Government policy on community development can complement the principles of the White Paper on Voluntary Action?
Spaces are limited, to reserve a place please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organisation, and contact details.
A contribution of €10 towards tea, coffee and a light lunch will be collected on the day.
Please find an invitation and outline agenda here.